A messy office can create an unhealthy atmosphere. It makes employees sick and can hamper their productivity because it affects their morale and the quality of work. In this article, we will discuss the 5 essential office cleaning checklists.
You don’t want this to happen to your employees. That’s why it is worth considering getting professionals to clean your office. You’ll soon find It a worthy investment.
Read on to find out what is included in office cleaning, its benefits, and why you should hire professionals for your office upkeep now!
What is an Office Cleaning Service?
Since many people share the office, it can easily get dirty and disorganized. With everyone focused on their work, they don’t have time to clean their space, much less the common areas.
Unfortunately, when office cleaning is neglected, it can affect productivity. We cannot afford this. When it becomes difficult to keep up, you need help. It is better to hire professional office cleaners.
Finding a company specializing in cleaning offices and having them come regularly is the best solution to your current predicament. These professionals do regular dusting, cleaning and vacuuming so your employees have more time to work and fewer distractions.
Some of the common activities in office cleaning include:
- Dusting desks, computer monitors, and many others
- Vacuuming carpet and mopping floors
- Disinfecting keyboards, computer mice, and doorknobs
- Removing the trash
- And many other cleaning tasks needed
The good thing about hiring a professional cleaning company to handle your office cleaning is that its crew knows what to do. They will never throw away or move anything without consulting you first.
Essential Office Cleaning Checklist
Office cleaning may look simple, but some parts may be overlooked without a checklist. So, whether you have in-house cleaners or bring in professionals to handle the task, you must write it down. This information will help keep track of how office cleaning is done.
Office Cleaning Checklist #1: Cubicles and Office Desks
The area where people sit, work, and stay should be clean and organized. These are the steps on how to keep them clean.
- Dust and clean computer screens and keyboards
- Empty the trash and recycling
- Vacuum the floors and under the desks and tables
- Clean the windows
- Disinfect the surfaces that people frequently come in contact with, like copiers, lamps, phones, etc.
- Dust the shelves and other surfaces.
Office Cleaning Checklist #2: Break Rooms and Office Kitchens
These areas get a lot of use. Follow these steps to keep it clean and tidy.
- Discard unwanted food, food wrappers, and other perishables
- Clean the plates and utensils
- Empty the trash
- Clean the fridge
- Clean the coffee pot and throw away the coffee grinds
- Clean and disinfect the tables and counters
- Clean the microwave and toaster
- Check the water cooler and put enough cups
Office Cleaning Checklist #3: Reception and Waiting Areas
If your office has a reception and waiting area, you must pay special attention to make a good impression. Here is what should be done.
- Clean and declutter the welcome desk
- Dust all the hard surfaces, waiting room tables, etc
- Empty the waste bins and recycle
- Replenish the cups in the water cooler
- Organize the magazines and books (if there are any)
- Clean and dust windows, company signs, and other elements
- Disinfect the surfaces where people touch
- Clean the carpet
Office Cleaning Checklist #4: Bathrooms
Here is how you can keep the bathroom in the office clean, safe, and sanitary.
- Clean and disinfect the toilets and sinks
- Sweep the floor of dirt and mop it with a disinfectant
- Clean the hard surfaces, discard the trash, and disinfect
- Replace empty toilet paper rolls
- Clean the mirror
Office Cleaning Checklist #5: Outside Area
Sweep the debris on the sidewalk and near the front door
- Clean the mats
- Clean the windows and glass door
- Empty the outside trash cans
- Keep the office parking clean and free of debris
Hire Office Cleaning Professionals
Just looking at the office cleaning checklist makes you realize how huge the tasks are. Considering the pros of hiring an office cleaner, it compensates for its drawbacks.
A dedicated office cleaner will ensure your office is always clean and functional. Contact Effly for more information about our office cleaning services.
Julie is a passionate writer a mother of three kids and a dedicated cleaning enthusiast, eager to share valuable insights and practical tips on maintaining a clean and organized home. With a deep understanding of the challenges of maintaining a tidy living space, Julie has spent years honing its expertise in cleaning methods, organizing techniques, and sustainable practices.