Don’t have time to do house cleaning chores? Why don’t you hire professionals for your household cleaning? By outsourcing these time-consuming tasks, you will have more control of yourself and maximize your time between work and your family.
Professional cleaners can come regularly and perform detailed household cleaning tasks. With the chores out of your schedule, you can have time to start a new hobby, learn a new skill, or even take side hustles to augment your income.
So, what exactly will the household cleaning crew do during their stint? If this is your first time hiring these professionals and you have no clue about the services, then you better read this. You need to understand what the different cleaning services are and the chores that the cleaning services will not do.
Here we will enumerate the inclusion of average household cleaning services to better understand what the service entails.
General Household Cleaning Activities
The most common activities for a standard house cleaning include:
- Mopping the floors.
- Cleaning the bathroom and kitchen.
- Making beds.
- Vacuuming different areas.
- Generally dusting the surfaces.
For more thorough cleaning, the option should be deep cleaning, which can be a one-off cleaning appointment.
Here is how each of these two types of house cleaning is done.
Kitchen – as the centre of your home, the kitchen needs to be extra clean. House cleaners begin by wiping all the surfaces, appliances, and countertops. Cleaning also covers the tables, chairs, stovetop, hood, and drip pan. The cleaners will also vacuum and mop the floors.
- Bedrooms – the bedrooms are cleaned by dusting all the surfaces, including the baseboards and window sills. After wiping down the mirrors and frames, the cleaner will vacuum and mop the floors if necessary. Also included in their tasks is changing the sheets if needed.
- Bathrooms – the house cleaners will ensure the bathroom is clean and sanitary. Aside from clearing the dust and cobwebs, they also clean all the surfaces, including the tub, faucets, mirror, countertops, basins, and surrounding areas.
- Dining room – some activities included here are dusting the light furniture and vacuuming the floors.
- Living room – the cleaners would normally dust and clean every corner of the living room and vacuum the furniture and floor, including the cushions.
- Laundry room – aside from cleaning the surfaces in this room, the cleaner will also mop the floor and pick up the clutter.
- Other rooms – if you have additional rooms in the house that you want to clean, you can discuss this with the cleaning services company and customize the plan for you.
Other than regular cleaning, most cleaning companies offer spring cleaning. This is a one-off service and pays extra attention to each area. Included in deep cleaning are the following:
- Cleaning the inside of the oven and range hood
- Cutting through the grime buildup at the back of kitchen appliances
- A full dusting of all areas, including the hard-to-reach places
- Scale removal from shower heads, bathroom tiles, and shower tiles
- Removal of fingerprints from surfaces
- Cleaning of upholstery and furniture
- Cleaning of blinds and window treatments
- Cleaning the front of all cabinets
Now, you know what to expect when hiring professionals for household cleaning. It’s time to know what they cannot do for you.
House Cleaners Will Not Magically Transform Your House
While cleaners can make your house fresh and clean, expecting them to do it in one go is unrealistic. It will take several cleans over months to remove all the dirt buildup and hard stains in the property. Getting everything cleaned and shiny will depend on how extensive the cleaning is and how often the cleaners come to the house. It usually takes two cleans before the cleaners can get the hang of it.
You need to be upfront with the cleaners to meet your expectations. Tell the cleaners what your expectations are and the focus areas. Professional cleaners are trained to provide top-notch services. You only need to be clear with them.
Don’t Ask Them to Do Personal Errands
House cleaners are not your assistants. Therefore, you cannot ask them to do your groceries or do school runs. Furthermore, you cannot ask cleaners to walk the dog or care for your kids. They should not be given responsibilities outside of their job scope. What they are tasked to do is to keep your home clean. The duties of a household cleaning professional are inside your home.
Hiring professionals for household cleaning is not a luxury anymore. More and more people realize the value of time, and outsourcing cleaning chores will give them more freedom to do worthwhile activities instead of removing dirt and stains. However, you should know what tasks are included in a house cleaning service before hiring one. This way, you can discuss with them your specific cleaning requirements.
Julie is a passionate writer a mother of three kids and a dedicated cleaning enthusiast, eager to share valuable insights and practical tips on maintaining a clean and organized home. With a deep understanding of the challenges of maintaining a tidy living space, Julie has spent years honing its expertise in cleaning methods, organizing techniques, and sustainable practices.